G/Flex 655-8 Epoxy Adhesive
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
Thickened G/flex® Epoxy Adhesive, 4.5 oz. tubes of resin and hardener. It forms a tough bond on many different materials. Waterproof, flexible, permanent.
- You get 4.5 oz. each of thickened G/flex 655 resin and hardener. Mixing ratio is 1:1. These are the same tubes of resin and hardener that come in the G/flex 655-K Kit.
- Mixed G/flex 655 is of a "gel-toothpaste" consistency. It's still very spreadable, but stays put where it is applied.
- G/flex is a product of West System, a division of Gougeon Brother's, Inc. The Gougeon brothers have been using epoxy resins in boat building and repair for some 50 years.
- It makes structural bonds that can absorb the stresses of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration.
- In addition to its superior bonding to many different materials and its ability to bond dissimilar materials, cured G/flex is much more flexible than other epoxies. This is an excellent property for boat building and repair.
- Polyethylene (HDPE) is a common kayak and canoe material. Its molecular structure resists gluing by most adhesives. G/flex solves the problem; it bonds well to polyethylene and ABS plastics.
- After mixing, at 72 degrees F, you have about 45 minutes to apply the mixture before it begins to gel.
- You have up to 75 minutes to assemble and clamp parts after the adhesive is applied. It cures to a solid in 3-4 hours, to a workable cure in 7-10 hours, and cures to its full strength in one to two days. It cures faster in warmer temperatures and slower in colder ones.
- Clean up is simple. Wipe up spills with absorbent materials. Clean residue before it cures, with alcohol or acetone.
- G/flex adheres tenaciously to difficult-to-glue hardwoods, both tropical and domestic varieties.
- It has the ability to glue damp woods. It can be used on wet surfaces, even underwater when applied with specific techniques.
- G/flex does indeed belong in every boater's repair kit. The more you use it, the more uses you'll find for it - with your boating gear and other sporting and household items. It's easy to mix and use. The instructions are top notch; check them out in the More Information section on this page.