The Outfitters Shop at Zoar Outdoor works to have all orders shipped within 24 hours of when the order was placed. Orders placed on a holiday or weekend will be shipped the next business day. We ship all items, except kayaks, canoes and paddles via USPS Priority Mail, unless otherwise requested. Kayaks and canoes are shipped via LTL freight carriers (less-then-truck load) and paddles are shipped FedEx Ground. Transit times correlate to business days. In most cases USPS and FedEx deliver within 1-5 business days, however orders to Hawaii and Alaska may require additional time and cost.
If you need to have your package expedited, please contact us toll free at (800) 532 7483 with your request. Shipping prices on expedited orders are determined by the destination zip code and actual weight/size of package.
For orders being shipped internationally, special shipping costs and restrictions apply. International orders are shipped USPS Priority Mail International; in most cases this is a 5 day service. If shipping rates differ from what is originally estimated, we will contact you prior to processing and shipping the order. We are not able to ship kayaks, canoes or paddles internationally. We do not ship to a third party shipping company. We do reserve the right to cancel an order if we can not verify shipping address.
Domestic Shipping for Clothing, Gear and Accessories
|Order Total||USPS Priority Mail (1-5 days)|
|$100.00 - $299.99||
$300.00 and up
*Oversized packages may require additional shipping charges. Additional charges may be required for delivery to Alaska or Hawaii.
International Shipping for Clothing, Gear and Accessories (We do not ship kayaks, canoes, SUPs or paddles internationally)
|Order Total:||USPS Priority Mail International (5 + days)|
|Any||$60.00. You may also need to pay duties and taxes when you receive your shipment, depending on the value of the items you purchased and your country's import laws.|
Kayak, Canoe and SUP Shipping
In general, we will set-up shipment to the nearest freight terminal to the shipment address given. Customers will then be able to dock pick-up from the freight terminal when the boat arrives. While we do our best to set a base shipping rate that covers most shipments additional costs are often required due to increasing shipping rates and the size of whitewater kayaks, canoes and SUPs. Kayak, canoe and SUP shipping rates are based on delivery to a freight terminal or commercial address. Freight companies consider any boat over 8' as oversized freight and now are charging additional fees. In some cases there may be additional costs due to location or remoteness of the terminal. Commercial addresses often have similar rates to freight terminals. If you have a commercial address that is willing to accept your freight they must meet the following criteria: the commercial location must have a loading dock, be able to receive a freight truck and have regular business hours. Additional shipping charges may be required if shipping to a business location that requires special handling, not considered a commercial address (i.e. High School). Residential delivery is possible but also requires additional shipping charges. If residential delivery is needed please call or email us for a shipping quote. If you would like to know the exact cost of shipment pre-purchase please contact us toll free at (800) 532 7483 or email [email protected] with your request and address or zipcode.
- We will start with creating a shipping quote to the nearest freight terminal to the given shipping address and provide you with the freight terminal location.
- If there's a difference in price that can not be covered we will invoice you for any additional shipping costs prior to shipment.
- Your craft will be wrapped in cardboard or a bedding like sheet and covered in a plastic wrap- these items are reused from when we receive kayaks and may have small tears in materials and other wear, but we take pride in protecting your new craft.
- When the terms of shipment are confirmed we will set-up a pickup with the freight company. Shipping freight is not like other forms of shipping, LTL (less than truck load) freight tries to fill a truckload with multiple shipments and as such it can take 1-5 days typically for a truck to reach us after the pick-up is scheduled. Typical travel time varies from 1-10 days depending on location. Please have patience with your freight shipments.
- Once the freight truck picks up your craft from our location we will then be able to provide you with the pro/tracking number.
- For most of our shipments that end with dock pick-up, the freight company will call you when the craft is available to pick-up from the freight terminal and provide any necessary instructions. They may also call for residential delivery to set-up a drop-off.
- Please carefully inspect the shipment outside and inside for any signs of damage prior to signing for any shipments. Take photos of any damage. It can be impossible to file a claim for damage after shipments are signed for and you may be responsible for any damages incurred during shipping if not noted at the time of pick-up. Minor scuffs can happen during shipments and may not be covered.
Paddles fit into the oversized category and therefore require additional shipping charges. We ship all paddles via FedEx Ground (2-7 days). Shipping charges range from $60 - $80 depending on the shipping destination. Additional charges may be needed due to rising shipping costs.